For months I have wanted to start a blog, I had all these clever things I would blog about too.. Now they are gone so I’ve been looking up things to blog about for HOURS and this is what I settled on. Here are 10 things you may not know about me!
- I can’t whistle. I have tried to conquer this simple task for as long as I can remember, I just can’t do it. For the longest time I couldn’t wink, but recently I tried to wink and it wasn’t just an over dramatic blink!!
- I STRUGGLE to watch movies. As a child, my parents could NOT get me to sit in front of the TV to watch anything. Still to this day, watching a television is my least favorite thing. I fall asleep in almost every movie theater, no matter how hard I try to stay awake. But I can watch Little Women LA, Toddlers & Tiaras, or ELF with no problem.
- I am a sucker… for new things. If it has the word NEW on it, I will probably try it. I blame this 110% on my dad. It could be a new Oreo flavor, a new direct sales product, or practically anything else and I will try it.
- I have an obsession with cows. This may actually be a very public fact, but cows deserve more recognition. I have pulled over on the side of the road to pet one. Meat, especially red meat, is my least favorite food.
- I hate driving. I don’t like to drive, this has gotten worse since my car wreck. But I HATE being a passenger in a car. If I let you drive me, I trust you and that takes a lot. Letting other people have control scares me.
- I forgive… way way way too easily… I don’t like to keep things bottled up. I may not forget what you did to me, but I will move on and forget it. I don’t like to stay bitter. Just that I forgive you, doesn’t mean I like you. I just simply am no longer mad for what you did, but who you are is different in my eyes. Yes, this is just as confusing to read as it was to type.
- I took a rock to the face. I had just gotten off the bus from school and my brother screamed “Duck!” I turned around, and about that time I fell to the ground covered in blood. Our neighbor threw a rock and into my forehead it went.
- I didn’t hate high school… Weird, I know. I look back on my years at Sequoyah and think about how blessed I was. I learned the hardest lessons there. I learned so much about friends, people, and life in general.
- Funerals vs. Weddings. I have been to more funerals in my life than I have weddings. I have been to almost triple the number of funerals than weddings. I believe dealing with so much loss has made me appericate those around me more.
- Community Service. I absolutely love to do community service. I have a passion for helping people. It brings me the greatest joy. Joy In The Cause is hands down one of my absolute favorite non-profits! Lisa Bain, the founder, is the most humble, loving, welcoming and giving woman I have ever met.
THANK YOU FOR READING! I hope you enjoyed this blog! Leave me feedback on what you’d like to read!